Gone are the days when heavily winged eyeliner and strong contouring/ highlights were oh-so-hot. The no-makeup look is the latest trend and spring is the perfect time to try it out.
The term “No-Makeup Makeup” might sound confusing to you, but believe me, it really isn’t that complicated. It actually refers to an extremely natural makeup look, something that makes you look as if you were born with flawless skin, long eyelashes, perfectly pink cheeks, and a sun-kissed glow.
Or, like Beyonce says, you just “woke up like this.” Frankly, who doesn’t want to look like that?
No-makeup makeup tutorials are all about making your makeup look effortless when in reality, you’ve put in a good amount of effort into this look.
It’s an attractive look that you can try when you want to look fresh and put-together without using too many products on your face.
Making your makeup look invisible yet totally visible is not an easy task, so a little assistance is much required. If you want to know how you can use makeup to look flawless while keeping it subtle, then please read on.
How to do No-Makeup Makeup for Natural Face
1. Start by prepping your face with an oil-free moisturizer or serum and wait for 5 to 10 minutes after applying it. This will make sure that your makeup goes on smoother.
2. If you are blessed with blemish-free skin, apply a BB cream to even out your skin tone throughout the face. If you need more coverage, use a liquid foundation with a dewy finish like “Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Nude”.
3. Apply your foundation or BB cream with a beauty blender. No one looks good in streaky and unblended makeup spend the time to blend it all smoothly to make sure there are harsh lines. Remember, blending is the key.
4. Conceal (try out Bare Minerals BareSkin Complete Coverage Concealer in “Light”) any blemish or acne scar with a small concealer brush or micro beauty blender. Also, use it under eye your area by gently patting with your ring finger.
5. Set your concealer with a light translucent powder (Laura Mercier Translucent setting powder is the best). It will prevent creasing and ensure your makeup lasts longer.
Make sure to tap off excess product on your brush and lightly press into the under eye area instead of sweeping the brush.
Apply the same technique for setting any blemishes you have concealed. Gently press the product into the skin or else you may disturb the carefully placed concealer.
6. To achieve the most natural dewy skin, choose for a cream blush. Cream blushes are the best for creating natural looks.
Apply 3 dots of MAC Cremeblend Blush on the apples of your cheeks and blend towards the temples of your cheek.
You can use your fingers or a makeup brush to put the product on your face. Gently pat and blend in the product on your cheeks, making sure the edges are thoroughly blended out.
This will last all day and it won’t get cakey at all. If you use powder blushes, your face may get cakey.
7. Finally, set all your makeup in place with a setting spray like MAC Fix Plus. It’ll tone down any cakey-ness, making sure your skin looks dewy and fresh all day long.
Best Face No-Makeup Makeup Tutorials over the Web
via Style Caster
How to do No-Makeup Makeup for Natural Eyes
1. Comb your brows and fill in the empty spots with a brow pencil like Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencils in “Soft Brown”. Set them in place with a brow gel.
Natural eyebrows don’t look too pigmented, so resist filling them in too heavily. You can even use a powder that matches your eyebrow hair color.
Apply the powder with a small angled makeup brush and then blend it in with a clean mascara wand or a spoolie to soften the look.
2. You could skip eyeliner and use the mascara wand into the roots of your lashes to create fuller lashes. Try something like Maybelline Hypercurl or L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof Mascara and coat your eyelashes really well.
If you really want to wear eyeliner, keep the line thin and use subtle colors like brown or gray. Alternatively, you can try lining the inner rims of your eyes with eyeliner like “MAC Technakohl Liner – Graphblack”.
3. Apply a light neutral eyeshadow from “Too Faced – Natural Eyes” palette to define your crease if you want. Make sure you don’t go overboard as this look should look very subtle.
4. If you want to add more definition to your eyes, use a pair of thin, long false eyelashes.
Best No-Makeup Makeup Tutorials for Eyes over the Web
How to do No-Makeup Makeup for Natural Lips
1. You would want to exfoliate your lips with an old toothbrush to get rid of the nasty dead skin. Use Vaseline or any lip balm afterward to prevent getting chapped lips.
2. Avoid lip liner; instead use a tinted lip balm like “Bobbi Brown Tinted Lip Balm” for a subtle pop of color. Use a shade that complements your natural skin tone and warms your face.
If you want to use a matte lipstick that’s a perfect nude shade, try “Nudus Lip Euphoria” by Naked.
Best Lips No-Makeup Makeup Tutorials over the Web
That’s it! Now let your hair down and rock this “no makeup” look. I really hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will try this on yourself